About Me

My photo
Life is ever changing. Each new day offers new challenges, opportunities, and blessings; the question is now what are we going to do with all that life offers.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Little distractions

Well, the Hubby is out of town this weekend. I don't particularly like him being gone but I know I am incredibly blessed to have him around as much as I do, so I gladly let him go and spend time with the guys, help out other church's tech teams, and whatever else takes him out of town while Bubby and I stay home.
Anyway, I tried to take advantage of him being out by practicing a couple recipes. The first was a rolled sugar cookie recipe that looks like a pinwheel (I'll try to post the final products when they are done) and I made my first ever butter toffee. Oh my goodness!!! That one is definitely going to become a holiday tradition.
I want to get started making a couple gifts but have a hard time doing so with a toddling helper. So that will have to wait till there is another set of hands to help with Bubby. Perhaps then I will start taking and posting some pictures.
On a totally unrelated note, I saw my OB's nurse today and it reminded me that I'll be going to talk about still trying for a sibling for Bubby for nearly two years. We're still hoping for a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment